There may be a hole in your heart where geo-poetic aphorisms should be. It's okay if you didn't know. I was at the point where even beachcombing was beginning to feel lackluster, and my interaction with gravel was downright unsatisfying. I couldn't put my finger on it. And then this morning James Richardson's "The Encyclopedia of the Stones" came into my life. It was suddenly as if the pebbles in my driveway had taken on a new gleam, and I whistled down the unpaved roads of Fort Worden, re-delighted with granite and shale. The Jefferson County landscape could do no wrong. Have you felt out of touch with the sedimentary deposits in your life? Never fear. Here's a link to the full poem sequence http://www.poetry365.com/2006/81.html; go print it out, take a long walk on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and read it! Tell the Wasatch Front I said hello, that it's been too long.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
How To: Rekindle that Spark for the Pyroclastic Agglomerate in Your Life!
There may be a hole in your heart where geo-poetic aphorisms should be. It's okay if you didn't know. I was at the point where even beachcombing was beginning to feel lackluster, and my interaction with gravel was downright unsatisfying. I couldn't put my finger on it. And then this morning James Richardson's "The Encyclopedia of the Stones" came into my life. It was suddenly as if the pebbles in my driveway had taken on a new gleam, and I whistled down the unpaved roads of Fort Worden, re-delighted with granite and shale. The Jefferson County landscape could do no wrong. Have you felt out of touch with the sedimentary deposits in your life? Never fear. Here's a link to the full poem sequence http://www.poetry365.com/2006/81.html; go print it out, take a long walk on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, and read it! Tell the Wasatch Front I said hello, that it's been too long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MEGAN! I have no idea if you will ever see this, but it seems that I have lost all contact with you! Which is a great tragedy! I hope you're doing well and maybe see this.
ReplyDelete